Shandrani Hotel Additional Information
is located on the South East Coast
- Airport - 6kms - 10mins Transfer time
- Hotel to Port Louis - 40km
- Hotel to Curepipe - 24km
- Mahebourg (shopping, handicraft, historical sites) - 12km
Set in tropical gardens, fringed by a white sand beach, Shandrani is an architectural masterpiece that cleverly harmonises stone, wood and thatch. Overlooking the superb lagoon of Blue Bay, Shandrani offers spacious and elegant sea-facing rooms.
All the rooms are sea-facing and are equipped with:
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Private bathroom with bathtub, shower and separate toilets
- King-size bed or twin beds
- Individual safe
- International direct dialling telephone
- Television (radio and satellite channels)
- Complimentary tea and coffee facilities.
The Superior rooms offer one-bedroom accommodation and a sophisticated bathroom equipped with the latest fixtures. The rooms also feature a terrace or balcony for you to relax on or enjoy the views.
110 Superior Rooms
Superior Beachfront Rooms
The Superior rooms offer one-bedroom accommodation and a sophisticated bathroom equipped with the latest fixtures. The rooms also feature a terrace or balcony for you to relax on or enjoy the views right from the beachfront
69 Superior Beachfront Rooms
Featuring elegant and contemporary décor, the Deluxe rooms are more spacious and feature a large bedroom with a seating area, a bathroom with a bath and shower, a walk-in wardrobe, separate toilets and a private terrace.
108 Deluxe Rooms (including 18 interleading)
Families with young children can stay in the Family Apartments which feature two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a private balcony with a sea view.
36 Family Apartments
Families with young children can stay in the Family Suites which feature two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a private balcony with a sea view.
2 Family Suites
The lavish Senior Suites also provide sumptuous accommodation and facilities.
2 Senior Suites
Staying in a fully "All-Inclusive" resort in Mauritius means more luxury, better value and definitely more choice. Enjoy complete freedom without worrying about bills or extras...and the sumptuous buffets or "A la Carte" dining in the hotel's four, world-class restaurants give a whole new meaning to variety.
Shandrani's new concept "Serenity Plus" means you can drink as much as you like in the restaurant or bar of your choice. Take your pick from unlimited premium imported drinks, including spirits and French champagne by the glass.
Evening Smart casual
No shorts are permitted at the restaurants in the evenings
Le Grand Port Restaurant
Le Grand-Port, the hotel's main restaurant serves excellent international and local fare.
- Breakfast: buffet from 7.00 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Lunch: buffet from 12.30 p.m. to 2.45 p.m.
- Dinner: international buffet from 6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
- Seats: 320.
- Non-smoking restaurant.
Le Sirius Restaurant & Bar
If you fancy light tropical cuisine, opt for Le Sirius restaurant, located at the tip of the peninsula. Stop at Le Sirius Bar, located off the restaurant, to enjoy a drink or two.
- Bar: from 10 a.m. to 10.30 p.m.
- Breakfast: from 7.30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Lunch: "A la Carte" from 12.15 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.
- Snacks and pancakes from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dinner: (on reservation) Three courses "A la Carte" from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Seats 150.
- Non-smoking restaurant.
Specialising in fine Italian and Mediterranean-style cuisine, the Porto Vecchio restaurant is a gem with its casual, yet elegant atmosphere.
- Lunch: from 12.15 p.m. to 2.45 p.m.
- Dinner: (on reservation) Three courses "A la Carte" from 7 p.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- Seats: 100.
- Non-smoking restaurant.
Le Boucanier Restaurant
If you are looking for an upmarket dining experience, head towards Le Boucanier, the hotel's gastronomic restaurant. The restaurant's wooden deck reflects the soft lighting to create a cosy, comfortable, welcoming ambiance.
- Dinner: (on reservation) Three courses "A la Carte" from 7.15 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Seats: 70.
- Non-smoking restaurant. Open to children aged 13 and above.
Located immediately adjacent to the Sirius restaurant, the Thai restaurant is separated by an Asian folding bamboo screen and has its own entrance and private garden opening onto Shandrani's golf course. The interior design is enhanced by Buddha statues complemented by natural materials and neutral colours.
- Thai restaurant
- Seating capacity : 60
- Open for dinner only, 6 nights a week
- Set menu which changes daily
- Open to children aged 13 and above
To enjoy the hotel's live entertainment programme, head towards the Blue Bay Bar which stays open till late
- Complimentary Tea / Coffie
- 2 Swimming Pool
- Money Change
- Wellness Centre
- Massage / Sauna
- Spa by Decleor
- Beauty Salon
- Room Service
- First Aid / Infirmary
- Mini Club
- Tour Desk
- Car Rental
- Business Centre
- Games Room
- Conference Faciliites
- WiFi Hotspots
Beachcomber offers a wide choice of entertainment. The dedicated leisure and entertainment team ensures that there is always something of interest happening at the hotel. Every guest is free to take part, whether actively or as a spectator.
A weekly entertainment programme is available for all residents.
Daytime entertainment includes numerous activities, which change on a daily basis. Evening entertainment is rich and varied, from live bands
to musical and cabaret shows. Typical Creole evenings are a weekly
feature not to be missed. There's something for all tastes.
Take your time and enjoy ... the choice is yours.
At nightfall, meet a few friends in a relaxed, cheerful atmosphere...
Every night, the free entertainment programme features a different act ranging from live bands to fashion shows. Immerse yourself in local culture with our Sega shows and Indian dancers...
Shandrani offers a whole range of complimentary land sports including:
- Tennis, Beachcomber Head Academy, 6 floodlit courts
- Table tennis
- Mountain biking
- Golf (9-hole golf course)
Available at the Sports Centre:
- Abdominal/buttock exercises
- Cardio training
- Body-building (machines and weights)
Available with a supplement:
- Personal coaching
- Beachcomber Sport & Nature* - an ecotourism programme designed to explore the green heart of the island
- Balls for golf and tennis
Shandrani also offers a range of complimentary water sports and facilities including:
- Glass-bottom boats
- Pedal boats
- Scuba diving (for certified divers only)
Available with a supplement:
Beachcomber Sport & NatureBeachcomber Sport & Nature*
- Scuba diving (for non-certified divers)
- Deep-sea fishing
- Catamaran cruises
- Sailing club
- IKO-certified kitesurf school
- Speed boating
includes mountain biking, kayaking and abseiling, all supervised by professionals. For enhanced safety, the equipment is regularly tested. You can also visit the wildlife sanctuary of l'Ile aux Aigrettes thanks to a partnership with the Mauritian
Wildlife Foundation, an organisation responsible for the protection of the endemic fauna.
Shandrani Sailing Club - * with supplement
Enrol at the Shandrani Sailing Club*, a member of the Mauritian Yachting Association, for your chance to acquire new skills under expert tuition! Courses combine both theory and practical elements and cater for both children and adults. You can progress from beginner's level to advanced level. If you successfully complete a level, you receive an international sailing licence and a recognised sailing logbook to continue your training in any sailing school in the world.
Shandrani Kitesurf School - * with a supplement
Shandrani is the perfect spot for beginners. But why take our word for it, come and experience the Shandrani Kitesurf School* for yourself! Learn how to kitesurf and enjoy the kiting lifestyle.
For four consecutive years, Shandrani has hosted major international kitesurf events, attended by worldwide champions from the North Kiteboarding team.
PADI-National Geographic Diving Centre - * with a supplement
If you are a certified diver you can dive free of charge* at Shandrani.
Shandrani's Diving Centre, affiliated with PADI-National Geographic, gives you a truly unique introduction to the rich diversity and natural beauty of the region!
Three sea dives per day are organised under the watchful eye of professional divers. Be sure not to miss out, take up this adventure and explore the most beautiful diving sites in Mauritius!
* with a supplement for non-certified divers
Honeymoon and Weddings
Details about packages been available, information on what the hotel offers.
Mauritius is the perfect setting for a honeymoon. After the excitement of the
Build up to your wedding, all you want to do is relax and enjoy each others company. Lazing on the beach, enjoying moonlit walks, savouring delicious meals and making plans for your working together. Lasting memories are made on your honeymoon.
For that perfect honeymoon special - BOOK NOW!
Discounts apply to the bride
- The wedding should have taken place no more than six months prior to arrival
- Wedding certificate has to be produced at time of check-in.
- Not combinable with the 'Free Nights' offers.
- Not applicable on unit priced categories.
- N.B : Gifts and lunch are offered year round.
For offers a. & b. - Complimentary lunch throughout the whole stay OR 50% discount offered to the couple on 'Serenity'.
In addition, the following gifts are offered.
[top] Conference & Groups:
- Small bottle of champagne & fruits in room on arrival.
- Two t-shirts
- Fresh fruits in the room on arrival
The Ideal Meeting Place
Mauritius is considered a primary destination for the conference and incentive market. It is a relatively short-haul destination, less than four hours flying time from Johannesburg and five hours from Cape Town. It is served by flights from Johannesburg on seven days of the week, and two flights directly from Durban and Cape Town. The cost structure falls into a bracket which most corporate bodies can afford.
Unique selling points
- 327 rooms in total, all sea-facing (a large number of rooms in each room category).
- A breathtaking location on a private peninsula facing the Marine Park of Blue Bay.
- A 50-acre tropical garden.
- Fast transfers from the airport.
- A choice of cuisines with 4 restaurants (each of which can be reserved exclusively).
- A perfect spot for water sports.
- A conference room that can seat approximately 180 pax.
- A department that deals exclusively with Groups & Incentives.
« Serenity plus » Unique Selling Points
- Somptuous buffets and "A la Carte" dining in the hotel's 4 restaurants
- Henriot champagne by the glass, unlimited premium wines and famous brands of spirits
- Beach and pool service
- Mini-bar and room service (tray charge applies)
- Unlimited water-skiing
- Golf on the 9-hole "pitch and putt" golf course (conditions apply)
- Set package for the theme nights (as described in the "Groups & Incentives technical booklet")
- Gourmet's feast
- Mauritian Magic
- All-you-can Lobster
- Mystical Shandrani
- Exclusive excursions offer
A credit will be given to groups going on excursions (set deductions applicable - please refer to the
technical "Serenity plus" fact sheet for Groups & Incentives
No bills to sign for items included in "Serenity plus" for Groups & Incentives
Please contact us for further information
Each Beachcomber hotel offers a free Bob Marlin Mini-Club that provides a range of activities that will appeal to your children. Open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., the mini-club is reserved for children aged 3 to 12.
- Some of the daily activities include:
- Glass-bottom boat trips
- Initiation classes for tennis, golf, water-skiing and sailing
Babysitting is available with a supplement. Bookings should be made at the Reception 24 hours in advance. Transport for the babysitter is to be paid by guests.